Welcome to the home of Melbourne Vascular Surgery online
DR PETER CHU (MBBS, FRACS, BMEDSCI) VASCULAR SURGEON
Mr Chu graduated from Melbourne University in 1993 with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery, and a Bachelor of Medical Science in Immunology through the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medicine. Having gained his Fellowship from The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in General Surgery in 2002, he obtained a second fellowship from The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in Vascular and Endovascular Surgery and completed an Endovascular Fellowship through The Epworth Hospital in 2005. Mr Chu currently has an appointment as Vascular Surgeon at The Austin & Repatriation Hospital in Heidelberg and at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, and has admitting rights to a number of private hospitals in Melbourne, including Epworth Private Hospital, Cabrini Medical Centre and Warringal Private Hospital. He is also on the teaching staff of Melbourne University Clinical School at both The Royal Melbourne and Austin Hospitals.
His areas of interest in vascular and endovascular surgery include:
- Management of limb ulceration
- Acute and chronic arterial insufficiency
- Treatment of venous disease including varicose veins using injections (sclerotherapy), laser and surgery.
- Arterial aneurysms (open surgery and endovascular/minimally invasive treatment)
- Carotid artery disease and stroke prevention
- Renovascular hypertension including radiofrequency renal denervation & treatment of renal artery stenosis.
- Treatment of vasculogenic impotence & erectile dysfunction including pudendal angioplasty.
- Management of hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating), causalgia, thoracic outlet syndrome, vasculitides and vasospastic isorders such as Raynaud’s phenomenon
- Central venous access and dialysis access
- Vascular complications in endurance athletes
- Minimally invasive treatment of varicocoele and pelvic congestion syndrome